Basic Activity Info
- Large Group
- Medium Group
- Small Group
- Gymnasium (large indoor space)
- Outdoor - Field
Teams must complete 20 passes consecutively without the ball being intercepted.
Outline a designated playing area.
- Divide the participants into two teams.
- One group will start with the basketball, the other will be defense.
- The group must complete 20 passes in a row within a designated area without a fumble or a turnover.
- If the defense knocks the ball down or the pass is incomplete, it becomes the other team's ball.
- The teams then switch roles, and the other team tries to complete 20 passes.
- Remind the participants to always be moving to get open for a pass and to call for the ball.
Remind participants to be aware of their surroundings and to keep their head up.
Remove any obstacles or hazards in the playing area.
Do this for soccer, football, Frisbee and other sports and activities.
Limit the number of passes required, depending on skill level of the group.
Have one more or one less participant on the defense team to make it easier or harder.
Participants with visual impairments will have difficulty catching. Consider having these participants work with a partner.
The number of passes can be decreased to 10, or to 15 from 20. Catching may be difficult for some participants. Instead of penalizing participants for fumbling or fouling, consider allowing 2 attempts at catching until the teams switch.
A demonstration can be given if verbal instructions are not understood.
Ontario Basketball Association. For more information, visit www.basketball.on.ca