Basic Activity Info
- Creative Art
- Large Group
- Medium Group
- Small Group
- Classroom (small indoor space)
- Gymnasium (large indoor space)
Participants to learn about ABBA, and use their creativity to lip sync to an ABBA song and create their own dance moves and costumes.
ABBA songs and/or videos.
Have ABBA music and information prepared, as well as different computer or devices for groups to listen to their song to practice their performance.
- ABBA, the most famous Swedish pop group of all time, was enormously popular between 1972 and 1982, though their music continues to be played today around the world.
- Introduce participants to ABBA through photos and songs (find all the information you need at: www.abbasite.com).
- Then, separate participants into small groups (ideally groups of four) and ask each group to choose an ABBA song to perform, as a lipsync, for the rest of the group.
- Give groups plenty of time to learn some of the lyrics, create costume pieces, and come up with unique dance moves.
- Performers and spectators alike are sure to have a blast!
Participants are always being supervised, even when practicing their song.
Space is open and clear of any obstacles.
Allow groups to only do part of a song, such as the chorus, instead of the full song.
Depending on time, after learning about ABBA, allow them to do a lip sync of another artist that they know.
Print out lyrics of one or more songs, and have a sing-along with the participants while playing that song.
Encourage groups to creatively involve all participants.
Passport to Games Resource Guide