Basic Activity Info
- Large Group
- Medium Group
- Small Group
- Gymnasium (large indoor space)
For participants to score on the other team's net, which will be backwards.
1 soccer ball (or can use a foam ball or beach ball).
2 nets (about the size of hockey nets), or cones to make a net.
Cones for boundaries.
Use the lines of the gym for boundaries, or use cones/rope to set up the boundaries.
Divide participants into groups of 5-8.
Set up two nets at the end of the gym, and have them facing the wall and be 5-10 feet away from the wall. Use cones to create a net if there are no actual nets.
Could set up a bench so it's against the wall and in front of the net.
- Select two teams to start playing.
- Give one team pinnies.
- Have each team start on one side of the play area.
- There are no goalies allowed.
- Participants will play normal soccer, however in order to score they have to kick the ball against the wall (or bench) and and have it go into the net.
- Imagine there is a line between the posts of the net and the side walls. No participant is allowed to go past that line.
- If using a bench, then participants have to kick the ball so it hits the bench, it cannot go any higher.
- Play until a team reaches 3 goals. Have 2 different teams come on to play, or have the winning team stay on and another team comes on to play them.
Remove any safety hazards and obstacles from the play area.
Remind participants to be aware of their surroundings and to keep their head up.
Teams are allowed to have a goalie.
Use a foam ball or beach ball instead.
If using a foam ball or beach ball, participants can throw the ball to each other (cannot run with the ball), and they have to throw the ball and hit it off the wall to go into the net.
Allow participants with a disability who may struggle to fully participate in this activity to take free kicks, attempting to score in this manner.
Developed for the Leisure Information Network. www.lin.ca