Basic Activity Info
- Large Group
- Medium Group
- Small Group
- Classroom (small indoor space)
Participants complete the spring word search
Spring word search printed out (there are word searches with pictures on them and ones without [to save some ink if need be])
Print out and hand out the spring word search puzzles (one that has the word list included, and one where participants have to figure out and find the spring words in the puzzle).
- Print out and hand out the word search puzzles.
- The easier one has the spring word list, and the harder puzzle does not have the word list, and participants have to search through the word search to find words that are associated with spring.
- Allow participants to work individually or in pairs.
- Allow participants to draw pictures of the words associated with Spring in the margins and around the puzzle.
- Ask participants before or after what they think of when they think of Spring, what they love about spring, their favourite activity to do in Spring and so on.
Have participants create their own word search for spring, what they love about spring, or another topic.
Developed for the Leisure Information Network. www.lin.ca