Basic Activity Info
- Creative Art
- Large Group
- Medium Group
- Small Group
- Classroom (small indoor space)
Participants will create their own "Booooingo" sheet with the provided Halloween people/things/words for the different spaces, and then play Bingo!
Have the materials set out for participants.
Each participant will get a piece of paper to create their "Bingo" sheet.
- Participants will create their very own Bingo sheet.
- The leader could have the outline of the sheet prepared and photocopied for participants.
- Or the participants could make their own sheet, and the size of each square is up to them.
- Just like a normal Bingo sheet, participants/leaders could write BINGO on the top of the sheet and have 5 columns and 5 rows. Or they could write "TRICK" at the top, or "BATS" and have 4 rows and 4 or 5 columns (please see the attached document for an example).
- The number of columns and rows is up to the leader.
- Using a ruler and pencil, participants/leaders will create the squares for the Boooingo sheet.
- Instead of putting numbers in each space, participants are going to draw/write Halloween things (please see the attached document for an example of different Halloween things).
- The leader could give participants 24 (5 by 5 and one free space) or 16 (4 by 4) different Halloween things and participants choose which square they will go into. OR leaders give participants less things to draw and participants will put one Halloween thing in more than one space. For example, they could have 2 ghosts on their sheet and 2 vampires. But they have to use each thing at least once and cannot have more than 2 of each.
- Participants can draw the Halloween things on a separate piece of paper and then cut it out and tape/glue them to their Boooingo sheet or they could draw it directly on the sheet.
- Participants could write the word of the thing and draw a picture, or just write the word, or just draw the item.
- The leader could have a drawing/picture for each Halloween thing that they photocopy and participants can use.
- Participants each get buttons/coins/chips or another object to put on their spaces when they're called.
- The leader will have two hats/bowls. One will be with each letter of the game, so if it is "TRICK", then they will have each letter written on a separate piece of paper. The other hat/bowl will have each of the Halloween things written/drawn on pieces of paper. The leader will draw one from the hats/bowls each time and put them back in.
- Goals for Boooingo: get a full sheet, get a straight line (diagonal, horizontal, vertical or any), get outside corners, get the outside square, or get the inside square.
- Each time the leader draws a letter and thing, they can write in on the board.
- When a participant has "Bingo" they yell "Happy Halloween!".
Remind participants of using the scissors in a safe way.
Participants work in small groups and they each will draw some of the Halloween things.
Participants will cut out a shape for each Halloween thing from construction paper and then write what it is on the shape. For example, a pumpkin can be an orange circle, a ghost can be a white oval, a vampire can be a triangle for their tooth and so on.
Have Booingo sheets already created with images in the spaces (but different order for each participant).
Developed for the Leisure Information Network. www.lin.ca