Basic Activity Info
- Creative Art
- Large Group
- Medium Group
- Small Group
- Classroom (small indoor space)
For participants to create their own handprint four leaf clover.
Paper for participants to put their painted handprints onto.
Have green paint and paper prepared for participants.
- Tell participants that they are going to be making their very own handprint four leaf clover for St. Patrick's Day!
- Have the participants paint a green stem on the bottom of their sheet. Have the stem start a little below the middle of the page and go down in a curved slant and stop right before they get to the bottom.
- Or, paint the stem for them before they begin the task.
- Next, have participants put both hands into green paint, so that they are both covered.
- Turn the page upside down and have participants put their hands just above the stem and on either side and press down on the paper (their fingers will be pointing to the bottom corners of the page).
- Then have participants put their hands back in the paint so they are covered with green paint again.
- Participants will put their hands right above their previous handprints (right above the bottom of their palms) and press them into the paper. Their fingers will be pointing to the top corners of the paper.
- Voila! Handprint four leaf clover!
- When it dries, participants can write their names on the piece of paper and write "Happy St. Patrick's Day" wherever they like.
Make sure particiants wash their hands after they're done with their hand prints.
Have participants create their four leaf clover with a partner and each of them do one set of handprints.
Use different colours.
If you don't have paint, have participants trace their hands and then colour them in with green markers or pencil crayons.
Provide additional support, or have another participant assist those with disabilities as needed.
Developed for the Leisure Information Network. www.lin.ca