Basic Activity Info
- Large Group
- Medium Group
- Small Group
- Classroom (small indoor space)
Participants get to know each other by filling out an icebreaker Venn diagram.
Venn Diagram sheets (please see attached document for an example).
Have participants find a partner, or have them get into groups of 3 (the leader could create the groups).
Each group will have a Venn diagram sheet.
- The goal of this activity is for participants to get to know more about their peers, and to discover their similarities and differences.
- All humans are like snowflakes, not one of us is alike. We all have our differences, uniqueness and individuality to share with the world, however, we also share a lot of similarities with others.
- In partners, or groups of 3, participants will write and draw their similarities and differences with their partner/group in the Venn diagram (please see attached document for examples and templates).
- Example of topics they could discuss are:
- Favourite sport to watch/play
- Have any pets
- Favourite animal
- Number of siblings
- Where they were born
- Favourite subject in school
- Favourite colour
- Favourite holiday
- Birthday month
- Favourite season
- Love to read/like to read/do not like to read
- Love pizza/like pizza/do not like pizza
- Love board games/ like board games/ do not like board games
- And so on
- Participants can draw or write down these similarities and differences.
- Depending on time, allow participants to create a venn diagram with more than one partner/group.
Show participants an example of a Venn diagram first, and then have them individually create a Venn diagram, comparing two animals, two sports or two other objects.
Developed for the Leisure Information Network. www.lin.ca