Basic Activity Info
- Creative Art
- Large Group
- Medium Group
- Small Group
- Classroom (small indoor space)
Participants create their very own toilet paper roll mummies, ghosts and other Halloween characters.
Toilet paper rolls (or cut paper towel rolls)
Other arts and crafts supplies
Have all the equipment prepared for the participants.
Ensure each participant has at least one toilet paper roll (or part of a paper towel roll).
- Participants are going to create a toilet paper roll mummy, ghost and/or other Halloween characters.
- Here are some examples of how to make the toilet paper roll characters:
- Toilet Paper Roll Mummy:
- Participants will wrap most of the toilet paper roll in toilet paper.
- The toilet paper should be layered.
- At the top, draw eyes or glue googly eyes onto the mummy.
- Could glue arms to the mummy using popsicle sticks or pipe cleaners.
- Participants can paint or colour the "arms" (popsicle sticks), or use toilet paper to wrap around the "arms".
- Toilet Paper Roll Ghost:
- Participants could paint the toilet paper roll white, and draw on ghost eyes and a ghost mouth. Or use googly eyes and glue those on for the eyes.
- Participants could use paper towel, Kleenexes, or paper and attach that to the toilet paper roll.
- Other Halloween characters for participants to create: zombie, Frankenstein, vampire, pumpkin, witch and so on.
- Participants can paint/colour in the toilet paper roll the base colour and then use the material and construction paper provided to add in the detail and other features of the character.
- Or tape/glue a coloured piece of construction paper or tissue paper around the roll.
- Encourage participants to use different materials that are provided and to be creative and use their imagination!
If participants are using scissors, remind them of using them safely.
Participants could also create a speech bubble for each character. Participants will draw and cut out a speech bubble and write in anything they want their character to say. To help it stand up, participants could glue a piece of pipe cleaner to a part of the toilet paper roll and have it sticking up, and then glue their speech bubble to that piece of the pipe cleaner.
Developed for the Leisure Information Network. www.lin.ca