Basic Activity Info
- Large Group
- Medium Group
- Small Group
- Gymnasium (large indoor space)
- Outdoor - Field
"It" has to try to tag participants when they do not have a ball, and the participants pass the ball to each other to help participants not get tagged.
Basketball (or something to pass and catch)
Create a playing area with boundaries that are not too close to walls or anything hazardous.
- In this tag game two players are deemed "It".
- A participant can only be tagged when one of the two "It" players have the ball in his/her hand.
- The participant with the ball cannot run with the ball.
- The "Its" can move when they do not have the ball.
- They must work together by passing and moving to tag participants.
- Once tagged that player becomes another "It".
- Keep going until all of the players are tagged.
Play area is clear of any safety hazards.
Remind participants to always be aware of their personal surroundings.
Could use another object to throw and catch.
If a participant intercepts or blocks a pass, the participants who are "It" must wait 5 seconds before they can pick it back up.
If tagged, participants have to do a set activity, like 25 jumping jacks, or a lap around the area.
Playing with a bigger ball will facilitate easier catching among participants with low vision.
Ontario Basketball Association. For more information, visit www.basketball.on.ca