Basic Activity Info
- Creative Art
- Large Group
- Medium Group
- Small Group
- Classroom (small indoor space)
Participants create their summer break memories on a piece of paper and draw, cut out images, write and colour in their memories.
Paper (thick paper, construction paper)
Other arts and crafts supplies
Have the arts and crafts supplies prepared for the participants.
- Participants select a sheet of paper to use for their summer break memory creation.
- On the top of the sheet have participants write "My Summer Break Memories".
- Instruct participants to think about what they did this past summer. Vacations they went on, events they went to, family they visited, camps they attended, sports they played, outdoor activities at home and so on.
- Participants will draw their memories, write down key words, cut out images from magazines, or draw and cut out images from different pieces of paper to put on their memory sheet.
- Have participants cover most of their sheet with memories.
- Encourage participants to be as creative as possible with their memories!
- At the end, allow participants to share with the whole group, or in smaller groups, some of their favourite memories.
If participants are using scissors, remind them of using them safely.
Can use this activity for participants to draw/write down their winter break memories, march break memories, important events, field trips and so on.
On another sheet have participants write "Looking Forward To..." and they will draw, write and put pictures of things they are looking forward to in the school year, in the future and so on.
Developed for the Leisure Information Network. www.lin.ca