CLASS is safe, it’s fun, it’s an excellent program and allows parents to know their children are well cared for, getting lots of exercise, learning about new things, trying new activities, making friends, acquiring new skills, and being part of a team.
We have homework time, great snacks, gym time, games, sports, fun, crafts, toys & multi-age friendships in a positive environment that encourages children to become leaders. It is our mission for all of the children to have fun, play safe andlearn and grow with us at CLASS.
Who goes to CLASS ?
- CLASS is for children from ages 5-12 (kindergarten-grade 6).
What is CLASS ?
- CLASS is licensed program that provides homework time, great snacks, games, gym time, sports, fun, crafts, toys, new friendships, lots of outside fun and fresh air all in a positive environment .
Where is CLASS ?
- Sussex Elementary School
- Sussex Corner Elementary School
When is CLASS ?
- CLASS is open every school day from dismissal until 5:45.
We are also open full days for PD days, storms days, Christmas, and March Break at Sussex Elementary.
- CLASS is a government licensedprogram, it’s safe, it’s fun, it’s an excellent program and allows parents to know their children are well cared for, getting lots of exercise, learning new things, trying new activities, making friends, acquiring new skills, and being part of a team. We always have a staff member on site and all Leaders have First Aid/CPR, criminal record check, prior contact check, confidentiality and more.
CLASS (Creative Learning After School Solutions )
All of us at CLASS are thrilled with the philosophy of the New Brunswick Curriculum Framework for Early Learning and Child Care that is required to be the basis of learning in ALL licensed Early Learning Programs in the province. The curriculum framework reflects the most up to date research and theoretical practice from around the world.
This curriculum framework articulates ways in which educators can maximize the potential of play for children’s care and the main components of it are-
imagination, creativity and play individuality and independence
communication aesthetics living democratically
spirituality inclusiveness and equity zest for living and learning
compassion and caring social responsibility
The 4 premises of the curriculum are:
Well Being – Children experience safe and caring environments where their emotional and physical health, positive identities, and a sense of belonging are nurtured and protected
Communication and Literacies – Children experience intellectually, socially , and culturally engaging environments where their communicative practices, languages, literacies, and literate identities are valued and supported.
Play and Playfulness - Children experience open and flexible environments where playful exploration, problem solving and creativity are encouraged and purposely planned.
Diversity and Social Responsibility – Children experience socially inclusive and culturally sensitive environments in which consideration for others, inclusive, equitable, democratic, and sustainable practices are enacted, and social responsibility is nurtured.
Our mission at CLASS is to have FUN and BE SAFE!