Learning doesn’t end when school is out for the day. In our Afterschool Program, we offer kids a safe and nurturing environment that encourages positive relationships. Children have the opportunity to work on homework, talk with peers and adults, participate in group projects, participate in field trips and join in performances.
Our interest-based curriculum is designed to have fun while learning. Each child will have a variety of choices during their time with us such as art projects, games, homework time, outside play, manipulatives and sports. All these activities foster physical, cognitive, social and emotional growth. We provide a snack each afternoon and homework time is available. It is up to the parents to decide whether they want their child to do some or all homework during their time with us.
We continue your child’s learning by focusing on:
- Problem solving skills through science
- Expression through dance, music, art and dramatic play
- Building social skills and friendships
- Encouraging reading and literacy
- Promoting active and health lifestyles with indoor and outdoor fitness, group sports and gross motor activities
A typical day looks like this:
- 7 am – 8 am – Morning drop off at schools [list schools-see list in FAQs]
- 1:30 – 1:50 pm – Pick up from schools (K-2)
- 1:50 – 2:50 pm – Homework club (K-2), board games, reading, snack
- 2:30 – 2:50 pm – Pick up from schools (3-6)
- 2:50 – 3:30 pm – Homework club/snack
- 3:30 – 4:30 pm – Interest club activities (art/science/gym/music/outdoor/field trips)
- 4:30 – 6:00 pm – Free play
Hands On Learning Centres
Our teachers are the heart of our centre. Trained in early childhood education, our teachers are dedicated to the care and development of your child. They help to create a caring and nurturing environment for your child. They are the key to having an open dialogue if you have considerations, questions or concerns. They play an important role in the development of your child and they take that responsibility seriously.
In addition to training on the Hands On Learning Centre curriculum, our teachers receive their certificate on the New Brunswick curriculum. All undergo extensive background checks and hold active First Aid/CPR certifications.
At Hands On Learning, we believe in ongoing professional development, which includes classroom observation and review by the management team.Our management team plays a very active role. Led by Rosemary Paquette, a former teacher, our team is hands on and available to all parents.
Hands On Learning Centres area group of licensed family-owned early childhood education centres focused on the enrichment, engagement and education of our students. Founded by a teacher, we specialize in offering expertly designed curriculums that are challenging, dynamic and age-appropriate.
We believe that “Today is a great day to learn something new”and that is why we focus on learning activities that help engage children. Though guided learning, our teachers foster curiousity and confidence at every age level.
We offer a nurturing supportive environment where the care of each child is our top priority. We consider ourselves partners to our families and believe in open lines of communication between parents and teachers. If you are searching for a child care option where your child is inspired to learn, Hands On Learning Centre could be the right partner for you.
We understand that making a decision about childcare is one of the most important decisions you will ever make and you likely have lots of questions. We invite you to take a tour, meet our staff, ask us questions and measure us against the competition.
Choosing a child care option for your child is one of the biggest decisions you will ever make as a parent. As child care providers, we believe we have a big responsibility to do what is best for your child and for you as parents. That is why we have taken great time and great care to develop expertly designed curriculums that inspire children to learn.
At Hands On, we promise to:
- Be your partner in teaching and inspiring your child
- Support your child in a nurturing and caring environment
- Offer a curriculum that is second-to-none in its holistic approach
- Continue to evaluate our programs and curriculums
- Offer you excellent value
- Engage, enrich and educate your child
- Continue on the path to learning