Building Corporate Relationships - A Toolkit for Nonprofits has been created to assist nonprofit organizations in their efforts to build relationships with the corporate sector. While the focus of this toolkit is the corporate sector, the same approach can be helpful in building new, or enhancing existing funding relationships with individual donors, foundations, government and other organizations.
The toolkit, developed by the Alberta government, presents a five step process that helps small and mid-sized nonprofits:
- develop a clear picture of their organization and its role in the community;
- define the organization’s project or programs;
- identify funding partners with common goals, best-suited to their project or programs;
- communicate their message to potential partners through effective project proposals; and
- strengthen relationships with partnerships through effective, ongoing stewardship practices.
The toolkit is available to download from the Alberta Culture website.