The Canadian Active After School Partnership (CAASP) has developed a working description of what it means to offer a quality after school programs. The report looks at the following:
- Rationale for Defining Quality Canadian Active After School Experiences and Programs
- Three Primary Sources for Defining Quality Canadian Active After School Experiences and Programs (outlined further in Appendices) as follows:
- The seven CAASP principles for a national after school framework;
- The HIGH FIVE Quality Framework developed by Parks and Recreation Ontario including the HIGH FIVE Principles of healthy child development and design guidelines essential for quality programs;
- The literature review process undertaken by the Ontario After School Collaborative to examine quality indicators for after school programs.
Physical and Health Education Canada (PHE Canada)