- Apples - choose sweeter varieties for best results
- Cinnamon or cinnamon-sugar mix if desired. Approximate proportion, if used, 1/2 tsp per 2 apples.
Very little prep time, a lot of baking time - worth it for the crispy results! Different recipes allow different times, so experiment with your oven for the best results.
- If you have an apple corer, core the apples, but it isn't necessary
- Wash and thinly slice the apples - thinner is better, otherwise the chip won't be as crisp - discard the seeds
- Line baking sheets with parchment paper
- Arrange the apple slices, not overlapping, on the baking sheet
- If desired, sprinkle cinnamon, or cinnamon-sugar mix over the apple slices
- Bake in low oven, about 100-110 Celsius (about 200-225 F) for 1 hour
- Flip the slices and bake for another hour, or until crisp
Serve hot from the oven, or store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week.