- Red, russet, or yukon gold potatoes
- Olive oil, or canola oil
- Salt to taste
- Additions - pepper, curry powder for curry chips, sesame seeds for sesame chips, garlic seasoning, etc.
1. Thinly slice potatoes (about 3 mm - 1/8 inch) and toss gently with olive oil and choice of optional seasonings to coat evenly.
2. Spread slices in a single layer on a pre-heated (425 F) baking sheets. Bake for about 10-15 minutes or until slices are golden brown.
- Some recipes suggest a lower oven temperature and a longer baking time, such as 400 F for 20-30 minutes.
- Some recipes note that these can be cooked on a plate lightly coated with oil in a microwave on high or medium-high for about 3-5 minutes, until lightly brown. Experiment with the power level for your unit to find out what works best.