- whole wheat pitas
- spread, such as hummus or cream cheese
- round veggie or fruit toppings to make the "numbers" around the edge of the clock, such as carrot cut into rounds, cherry tomatoes, cucumbers, grapes, sliced strawberries, raspberries, bananas, etc.
- fruit or veggie toppings to make the hands of the clock, such as sliced peppers, carrot sticks, apple cut in thick slivers, etc.
- Provide each child with one pita
- Spread 1 to 2 tablespoons of chosen spread over the pita
- Let the children arrange twelve of the round toppings around the edge for the clock "numbers"
- Let them arrange the clock "hands" to whatever time they choose
Tip: This is a great way to teach how to tell time the old pre-digital way!
1 pita per child
Depending on the age of the children, let them help with the toppings.
Adapted by LIN from "Yummy Tummy Clocks" at Eat Right Ontario