- 1-1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons corn starch
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper or 2 tsp Tabasco sauce
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 2 tablespoon orange peel, freshly grated
- 3 tablespoons fresh squeezed orange juice
- Mix together powdered sugar, cornstarch, cinnamon, cayenne pepper, salt, orange peel, egg whites and orange juice. Stir until well combined.
- Spray a cookie sheet with cooking spray. Pour pecans into egg mixture, and stir to coat well.
- Using a slotted spoon, remove pecans individually from the coating mixture. Allow the coating mixture to drain from the pecan, and then place each pecan on the prepared cookie sheet. Do not allow pecans to touch.
- Bake at 250 degrees for 20-25 minutes, or until dry.
- Cool before storing in a covered airtight container.
The Latin Kitchen