Webinar: 1 hour, 20 mins. Presenter: Brenda Herchmer. Sponsor: Royal Bank of Canada After School Project.
The webinar looks at various aspects of evaluating an after school program. The goals of the webinar are to:
- Clarify evaluation options;
- Apply strategies for implementing an evaluation process;
- Explore methods for evaluating data; and,
- Review sample evaluation tools.
If you prefer to view the webinar in shorter segments, it has been broken into three parts:
- Part 1 (17 mins), Intro, covers webinar outcomes, defines evaluation, reasons to evaluate, and challenges.
- Part 2 (54 mins), Getting Started, looks at where evaluation fits in, connecting evaluation to planning, quantitative vs qualitative data, outcomes vs outputs, writing objectives, outcome vs impact evaluation, and developmental evaluation.
- Part 3 (9 mins), Getting the Data, looks at putting it all together.
Also included is the link to the Program Evaluation collection, which provides information on overall evaluation as well as a look at specific parts of the program, such as participant and parent feedback.